Western Building Group
Drafters are a critical link in the process for manufacturing and installation. Drafters draw detail with high accuracy for architect approval with minimal revisions. Once design is approved, drafters turn the design into tickets for fabrication.
Creating shop drawings in the form of plans and details using architectural contract drawings.
Performing drawings accurately and with appropriate detail and to meet scheduled deadlines.
Preparing and/or revising drawings, sketches and layouts as directed using AutoCAD
Participating in drafting department scheduling
Working as a team with other dynamic drafters
Build layout drawings and individual part sketches for fabrication
– Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience, including architectural sheet metal and/or commercial construction
– Associates degree or two-year technical school training in Drafting preferred
– Knowledge and experience with 3D scanning and point cloud data extraction
– Familiar with construction practices, workflows and materials – specifically weather barriers, metal panel systems, roofing, flashings
– Command of AutoCAD required. Knowledge of Revit, ReCap, Inventor and other software preferred.
– Detailed-oriented with understanding and interpretation of architectural drawings
– Ability to manage multiple priorities and work well under time-pressured deadlines
– Dedicated, reliable, self-motivated individual with strong organizational capabilities
– Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
– Ability to ensure that the project deadlines are completed timely.
– Must be flexible and adaptable in a continuously changing environment and able to work the necessary hours in order to meet deadlines and provide a quality product to clients
*This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
*This position is not eligible for remote work.
To apply for this job please visit westernbuildinggroup.com.