Website Western Building Group
Western Building Group delivers the highest-level, award-winning projects seen throughout the western United States. Our product, craftsmen and management team are sought after by leading architects for projects that claim distinction in the architectural building façade industry.
The Project Manager facilitates a successful project (sometimes several at a time) from start to finish. Qualified candidate will have 4-5 years’ experience in the sheet metal roofing and siding industry, real experience installing on the jobsite or fabricating of materials, knowledge of budgets and materials and material ordering. Do you have a passion for projects being completed with a high level of safety, built to spec, under budget and under deadline? Then you might be the right person for this job! Ideal candidate will know the value of field installers and develop close relationships of trust with them but also possess the ability to motivate and expect quality workmanship. Equal attention, respect and the ability to communicate with the customer is essential, as is attendance at their meetings. This is a full-time position not confined to regular business hours. The ability to travel, sometimes with short notice, is required.
– Collaborates with estimating to achieve job familiarity
– Reviews budgets, performs take offs for verification, orders materials, attends meetings, coordinates with customer, architect, vendors, shop, field management.
– Makes recommendations, adjustment, submits change orders and RFI’s
– Submits accurate and aggressive monthly billings based on progress to customer.
– Serves as technical liaison with field personnel and customer.
– Provides all oversight for assigned projects
In-Office Work Location:
10 years of increasing responsibility and complexity in the ACM/architectural sheet metal roofing/siding industry. 5 + years’ experience in project management in this specific trade. Ability read plans, take off sheets, specs is a must. Must be able to communicate thoroughly and professionally both verbally and in written form in the English language and understand construction terminology. Must be able to manage a schedule and prioritize time to meet deadlines. Must be able to work with other project managers in scheduling manpower and be accurate on project start and finish dates. Must have a valid driver’s license. Must be available on nights and weekends if field installers are scheduled to work or travel out of town. Bluebeam, ComputerEase and Microsoft programs are used at WBG – familiarity with these programs is a plus.
General Skills and Competencies
– Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
– Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
– Excellent decision making skills
– Ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent projects ranging from $150,000-$15 million
– Ability to participate with team or lead team to achieve company goals.
– Ability to influence, build relationships, navigate polities and manage conflicts
– Broad and wide-range of professional and managerial skills with full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
– Excellent strategic planning skills
Specific Knowledge and Skills
– General knowledge of construction law
– Acts with sense of urgency and practices common sense
– Team oriented
– Ability to multi-task
Full Time Benefits Available
– 401k with generous employer match (fully vested day one)
– PTO and holiday pay
– Low cost medical, dental, vision
– HSA plan with employer contribution
Western Building Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
E-Verify – this role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
To apply for this job please visit westernbuildinggroup.com.